- Take a Walk – If you’ve been at your desk all day, step outside and take a walk. A walk outside can increase your focus and reset your brain by disengaging from your projects. If you work from home, walk the dog around the block, go get the mail or just make a giant glass of ice water and walk outside.
- Check the flowers. They need you to smell them and tell them they look pretty. Take some deep breaths outside. It will generate some fresh oxygen in your system. Hydration and Oxygen. If you work in an office, maybe try taking lunch outside somewhere or getting out to run an errand and listen to the radio while you get some fresh air.
- Have a snack – Make a smoothie or eat some almonds. Maybe you just need a little kick of protein.
4. R-E-S-T!! Actual rest. Sometimes that is actually hard to recognize though. Just when you find yourself walking in the pantry or heading for the company kitchen for something sweet or looking for some caffiene is when you may want to ask yourself if you ought to rest instead. Tired. Probably tired.
We really should learn from our friends in China, India, South America and Britain how to stop and have a cup of tea. When I moved to London, it was the very first thing they taught us in the American Women’s Club….how to have tea. There is quite a ceremony to it. No need for perfectly done here just stop and have some tea…..sitting …down …quietly ….to rest.
You could stop and meditate. This has helped my focus because stopping and sitting still and breathing and listening allows me to really regain my center again. The strings of unfinished thoughts pop up and my mind begins to settle again. Don’t be surprised if at first you fall asleep for a quick nap. Over time your body learns that this deep breathing is to relax not to sleep.
5. When I’m REALLY tired, I make like Rosie and take a cat nap. She is great at this…I am learning. I will set my alarm on my phone and lie down to rest like a worn out four year old. I feel so much less grouchy when I’ve been able to take a 20 minute snooze. Get up, drink some water and off you go. So much more alert!
I hope these tips help you find some energy in the middle of your day! If you have some ideas to share that help your energy, leave them in the reply box below. I would love to hear how you reboot your supply during the day.